GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Copyright in information contained in this website is owned by Pepkor Trading Proprietary Limited ("the Company")
You may use this information and reproduce it in hard copy for your own personal reference use only. The information may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed or transmitted to any other person or incorporated in any way into another document or other material without the prior written permission of the Company. Information of this web site is given by us in good faith and has been taken from sources believed to be reliable. We make no representations that the information contained on this web site is accurate, complete or fair and no reliance should be placed on it for any purpose whatsoever. The information contained herein is not intended to serve as financial or other advice.
The Company shall not be liable to any person or company for use or reliance of any inaccurate information or opinions contained herein. The Company does not make any representation regarding any other web sites which may be accessed through this web site and accordingly accepts no responsibility for the content or use of such web sites or information contained therein. The Company shall not be liable to any party for any form of loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance on any information contained on such a web site.
Pepkor Trading (Proprietary) Limited
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
All electronic communication, including all attachments thereto, is transmitted to you by the Company and all its divisions on the following terms and conditions:
- As the addressee/recipient of electronic communication you agree to be bound by the provisions of section 11(1) and 11(3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (Act 25 of 2002).
- The information contained in this electronic communication may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to use it or receive it.
- If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance of the contents of this electronic communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If therefore you have received electronic communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy it.
- Any copying, publication or disclosure of the contents of electronic communication by any person whatsoever can result in civil liability.
- Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you of electronic communication.
- Under no circumstances will the Company, as the sender of electronic communication, be liable to any person for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any use of an electronic communication, or of any other hyper linked web site, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on information handling systems or otherwise, even if the Company has been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The Company does employ virus filtering, but it provides no guarantees or warrantees that its electronic communication is virus-free.
- The Company is not responsible for the proper and/or complete transmission of the information contained in electronic communication or of the electronic communication itself, nor in any delay in its receipt.
- The views and/or opinions expressed or implied in electronic communication do not necessarily express or reflect the views and/or opinions of the Company, unless stated otherwise. If the electronic communication was used for purposes unrelated to the official business of the Company, the Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by the contents of this message and the sender may be held responsible therefore in his/her sole and personal capacity. In specific, the use of the Company electronic communications facility is not permitted for the distribution of chain letters or offensive mail of any nature whatsoever.
- No warranties are made or implied that an employee or contractor of the Company was authorised to make the electronic communication. The Company disclaims liability for any unauthorised instruction for which permission was not granted.
- No employee or intermediary of the Company is authorised to conclude a binding agreement on behalf of the Company without the written confirmation by a duly authorised representative of the Company. Any agreement concluded with the Company via electronic communication shall only come into operation once the Company has confirmed the formation of such an agreement in writing.
- The e-mail address of the sender of electronic communication may not be used, copied, sold, disclosed or incorporated into any database or mailing list for spamming and/or other marketing practices without the prior written consent of the sender.
- Where applicable, the Company retains the copyright to all electronic communication and attachments. The recipient is licensed to open and read the message and/or attachments only, all other rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the sender.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- Subject to urgent and interim court relief, any disputes and/or disagreements and/or damages and/or liabilities related to the electronic communication shall be referred to arbitration in terms of the rules of the South African Arbitration Foundation in Cape Town.
- This electronic communication disclaimer shall take precedence over any other disclaimer(s) in respect of electronic communication addressed to or used by the Company.
- The above-mentioned terms and conditions will also be applicable to all electronic communication in relation to the Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual.
- Unless specifically stated in the electronic communication, the content may not be construed as an instruction to the addressee to act on behalf of the Company or any of its subsidiaries or associated companies; neither does it constitute an offer from the Company or an agreement between the addressee and the Company.
- Information disclosures required by law:
Full name of company: Pepkor Trading (Proprietary) Limited
Registration number: 1958/003362/07
Country of registration: Republic of South Africa
Company Secretary: Pepkor (Proprietary) Limited
Postal Address: PO Box 6100, Parow East, 7501
Registered Address: 36 Stellenberg Road, Parow Industria, 7493