Need something delicious to go with tea time? What about some jam doughnuts! Chances are you probably already have the ingredients in the cupboard.
All you’ll will need is:
- 500ml Flour
- 5ml Salt
- 8ml Yeast
- 30ml butter or Margarine
- 1 egg
- 150ml Milk ( luke warm)
- Sunflower Oil
- Apricot Jam and Sugar / Icing Sugar
How to make it:
- Add the flour and yeast into a mixing bowl along with the sugar and salt and mix together.
- Now add the lukewarm milk, melted butter and egg together with the mixture, and mix thoroughly until it becomes dough, knead gently for 8-10 minutes.
- Oil the sides of a mixing bowl for the dough to rest for about 30 Minutes
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and while you wait, divide the dough into 12 equally sized pieces.
- Fry the the doughnuts on both sides until they are golden brown and take
- use a piping bag, or just a large plastic bag and fill with apricot jam, make a small insert in each doughnut and fill with a small drop of jam.
Add the finishing touches to the doughnuts by rolling each one in icing sugar or regular sugar and enjoy these sweet homemade delights!