Keeping the kids entertained indoors can turn into a very challenging task for parents. If you are tired of listening to the same old kiddies shows over and over again, we’ve got some alternative ideas for fun:
- Grab the board games! Not only is it perfect for bonding, but it will also make for some great laughs and memories. Try 30 seconds, Pictionary, Monopoly, Scrabble, Rummikup or building a jigsaw puzzle together.
- Colour in colouring books, If you don’t have any empty ones you can always download some colouring sheets print them out, put on some music and get creative with the little ones.
- Have a bake-off competition! Help the kids bake cupcakes and decorate it themselves with their favourite ingredients, you can even play along and vote for the winner.
- Learn skills like how to make origami, take music lessons or follow dance tutorials on Youtube, make videos and send it on to the family.
- If you have older kids, ask them to cook dinner, make it a themed event with costumes and music. You could try Mexican, Italian or traditional South African!
- Keep a daily journal, write down what the best part of the day was and what you are looking forward to tomorrow. This will help keep the atmosphere in the house feeling happy and healthy.
We hope this helps and serves as some inspiration when boredom strikes. Why not try these ideas and let us know on Facebook which one you and your family liked the most!